Founded 1918 as Ecole de Médecine, became Institut des hautes Etudes 1950 and 'Université de Dakar by decree 1957. Acquired current title 1987. A State institution.
Accreditation: Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche (MESR), Autorité nationale d’Assurance Qualité de l’Enseignement supérieur (ANAQ-Sup), Conseil Africain et Malgache pour l'Enseignement Supérieur (CAMES)
- Applied Nuclear Technology InstituteFields of study: Nuclear Engineering
- Applied Tropical Medicine InstituteFields of study: Tropical Medicine
- Black Africa Fundamental Studies Institute
- Education and Training Sciences and Technologies FacultyFields of study: Arabic, Biological and Life Sciences, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Educational Administration, Educational Psychology, Educational Sciences, Educational Technology, Foreign Languages Education, Geography (Human), German, History, Literature, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Romance Languages, Russian, Secondary Education, Slavic Languages, Teacher Training
- Environmental Studies InstituteFields of study: Environmental Studies
- Medicine, Pharmacy and Odonto-Stomatology FacultyFields of study: Alternative Medicine, Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Anthropology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cardiology, Dentistry, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Genetics, Gerontology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Haematology, Hepatology, Immunology, Medical Technology, Medicine, Microbiology, Nephrology, Neurological Therapy, Occupational Health, Oncology, Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics, Parasitology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physiology, Pneumology, Public Health, Radiology, Safety Engineering, Sports Medicine, Stomatology, Surgery, Toxicology, Urology, Venereology
- Polytechnic SchoolFields of study: Artificial Intelligence, Automation and Control Engineering, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biological and Life Sciences, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Construction Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Engineering, Heating and Refrigeration, Management, Materials Engineering, Microbiology, Technology, Telecommunications Engineering
- Academic year: October to July (October-February, March-July)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (baccalauréat) or recognized equivalent, entrance examination.
- Students allowance: Co-ed