Founded 1888 as Dundee Technical Institute, acquired present status and title 1994.
- Business SchoolFields of study: Accountancy, Administration, Business Administration, Business and Commerce, Civil Law, Commercial Law, Communication Studies, Constitutional Law, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, Industrial Management, Institutional Administration, International Business, International Studies, Labour and Industrial Relations, Labour Law, Law, Management, Management Systems, Marketing, Public Administration, Public Law, Tourism
- Science, Engineering and Technology SchoolFields of study: Biomedicine, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, Computer Networks, Computer Science, Consumer Studies, Environmental Management, Food Science, Health Sciences, Information Sciences, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Water Science
- Simbios CentreFields of study: Environmental Studies
- Social and Health Sciences SchoolFields of study: Behavioural Sciences, Cinema and Television, Clinical Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, Community Health, Comparative Sociology, Criminology, Cultural Studies, Curriculum, Demography and Population, Developmental Psychology, Econometrics, Economic and Finance Policy, Educational and Student Counselling, Educational Research, Educational Testing and Evaluation, Ethics, Experimental Psychology, Family Studies, Film, Health Sciences, History of Societies, Industrial and Production Economics, Nursing, Oncology, Pedagogy, Police Studies, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Psychology, Psychometrics, Public Health, Social and Community Services, Social Policy, Sociology, Sports, Sports Management, Treatment Techniques, Urban Studies, Vocational Counselling, Women's Studies
- Urban Water Technology CentreFields of study: Water Management
- Academic year: September to June (September-February, February-June)
- Requirements: General Certificate Secondary Education (GCSE) with 5 passes including English and Maths allied to General Certificate of Education (GCE) with 2 passes at Advanced ('A') level or Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) 5 passes at SQA Standard Grade plus 3 or 4 passes at SQA Higher Grade. International and non-standard qualifications are welcome and considered on an individual basis