Founded 1989 as Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica do Maranhão (CEFET-MA). Acquired present status and title 2008 following merger with Escola Agrotécnicas Federais de Codó, Escola de São Luís and Escola de São Raimundo das Mangabeiras é Autarquia.
- Alcântara CampusFields of study: Tourism
- Imperatriz CampusFields of study: Physics
- Maracanã CampusFields of study: Rural Studies
- Monte Castelo CampusFields of study: Agriculture, Biology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Distance Education, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Sciences, Materials Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Telecommunications Engineering, Water Management
- Students allowance: Co-ed