Founded 1941 as Faculty of Philosophy, formally constituted as University and recognized by the State 1955. Raised to the rank of Catholic University 1955, and acquired present title 1972. A private university financially supported by 'Sociedade Campineira de Educação e Instrução'. The University is under the responsibilty of the Metropolitan Archbishop of Campinas, and is managed by its Grand Chancellor.
Accreditation: Brazilian Government Agency (CAPES)
- Exact Sciences, Environment and Technology Centre
- Academic year: February to November (February-June, August-November)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate and entrance examination
- Students allowance: Co-ed