Founded 1881 as Primary School by the American Methodist Mission, became Faculdade de Ciências Econômicas, Contábeis e Administração de Emprêsas 1964. Faculty of Education added 1966 and Faculty of Law 1970. Became University with present structure 1975. An autonomous institution under the jurisdiction of the national Ministry of Education and Sports.
- Dentistry FacultyFields of study: Dentistry
- Engineering, Architecture and Town Planning FacultyFields of study: Architecture, Automation and Control Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Food Technology, Industrial Chemistry, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics Education, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Production Engineering, Science Education, Town Planning
- Law FacultyFields of study: Law
- Academic year: February to December (February-June, August-December)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate and Entrance Examination.