Founded 1977 as Centre Universitaire, acquired present status and title 1993. A State Institution.
Accreditation: Ministère de l'Enseignement Supérieur
- Arts and Humanities FacultyFields of study: African Studies, Anthropology, Arts and Humanities, Cultural Studies, Demography and Population, Development Studies, Environmental Studies, Geography (Human), History, International Relations, Literature, Modern Languages, Museum Studies, Psychology, Regional Planning, Social Sciences, Social Studies, Sociology, Tourism, Town Planning, Translation and Interpretation
- Science FacultyFields of study: Biological and Life Sciences, Biology, Biomedicine, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Studies, Food Science, Geology, Mathematics and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine, Mining Engineering, Natural Sciences, Nutrition, Pharmacy, Physics
- Academic year: October to July (October-February, March-July)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (baccalauréat), or foreign equivalent at Advanced ('A') level
- Students allowance: Co-ed