Founded 1969 as Malaspina College. Renamed Malaspina University-College 1989. Acquired present title 2008. A comprehensive university-college serving the central Vancouver Island region.
Accreditation: Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
- English-as-a-Second-Language AreaFields of study: English
- Humanities and Social Sciences AreaFields of study: Anthropology, Arts and Humanities, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Criminology, Development Studies, Earth Sciences, Economics, English, Environmental Management, Geography, Graphic Design, History, Indigenous Studies, International Economics, Mathematics, Media Studies, Natural Resources, Philosophy, Physical Education, Political Sciences, Psychology, Romance Languages, Sociology, Theatre, Visual Arts, Welfare and Protective Services, Women's Studies, Writing
- Academic year: September to May (September-December, January-May). Also Summer Session (May-August)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate or equivalent. TOEFL test for foreign students with score of min. 550
- Students allowance: Co-ed