Founded 1928, recognized by official decree 1929. Recognized as Catholic university by the Holy See 1961. A private institution financially supported by the State.
Accreditation: National Accreditation Commission (CNA)
- Engineering FacultyFields of study: Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Networks, Construction Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, Marine Engineering, Marine Science and Oceanography, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Production Engineering, Transport Engineering
- Philosophy and Education FacultyFields of study: Applied Linguistics, Computer Education, Curriculum, Education, Education of the Handicapped, Educational Administration, History, Linguistics, Literacy Education, Literature, Music Education, Native Language, Pedagogy, Philosophy, Physical Education, Preschool Education, Psychology, Social Sciences, Spanish, Special Education, Translation and Interpretation, Writing
- Academic year: March to December (March-July, August-December)
- Requirements: High School Diploma (Licencia de Educación Media) or foreign equivalent, and entrance examination
- Students allowance: Co-ed