Founded 1738 by Philip V of Spain as Universidad de San Felipe. Replaced by present institution 1839, present title adopted 1842. Acquired present autonomous status 1931.
- Arts FacultyFields of study: Art History, Art Management, Art Therapy, Arts and Humanities, Ceramic Art, Computer Education, Dance, Engraving, Heritage Preservation, Jewellery Art, Multimedia, Music, Music Education, Music Theory and Composition, Musicology, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Restoration of Works of Art, Sculpture, Sound Engineering (Acoustics), Textile Design, Theatre, Visual Arts
- Communication and Image InstituteFields of study: Communication Studies
- Medicine FacultyFields of study: Biochemistry, Biological and Life Sciences, Biology, Biophysics, Child Care and Development, Diabetology, Dietetics, Epidemiology, Ethics, Gerontology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Haematology, Health Administration, Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics, Physical Therapy, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Public Health, Social and Preventive Medicine, Speech Therapy and Audiology, Statistics, Urology
- Physics and Mathematics FacultyFields of study: Applied Mathematics, Astronomy and Space Science, Automation and Control Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Business Administration, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Construction Engineering, Econometrics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, History, Hydraulic Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Multimedia, Physics, Structural Architecture, Transport Engineering
- Academic year: March to December (March-July, August-December)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (Licencia de Educación Media) and entrance examination
- Students allowance: Co-ed