Founded 1960 as Sichuan Institute of Agricutural Machinery. Renamed as Sichuan Institute of Technology 1983. Merged with Chengdu Teachers' College and acquired present title 2003. Merged with Sichuan Economic Management Institute 2008.
Accreditation: Ministry of Education
- Graduate Studies SchoolFields of study: Applied Linguistics, Automation and Control Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, English, Food Science, Heating and Refrigeration, Hydraulic Engineering, Linguistics, Management, Materials Engineering, Measurement and Precision Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Political Sciences, Power Engineering, Software Engineering
- Physical Education SchoolFields of study: Physical Education
- Reserve Military Officer SchoolFields of study: Military Science
- Requirements: Senior high school graduation diploma and entrance examination
- Students allowance: Co-ed