Founded 1867 as Universidad Nacional de los Estados Unidos de Colombia, the university was granted autonomy by the government 1935.
Accreditation: Consejo Nacional de Acreditación
- Agriculture CentreFields of study: Agriculture
- Environmental Studies InstituteFields of study: Environmental Management
- Medicine FacultyFields of study: Biochemistry, Communication Studies, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Medical Technology, Medicine, Molecular Biology, Nutrition, Occupational Health, Physical Therapy, Physiology, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Public Health, Rehabilitation and Therapy, Surgery, Toxicology, Treatment Techniques
- Academic year: February to December (February-June, August-December)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (bachillerato) and entrance examination