University of Nicosia was founded in 1980 as Intercollege. In 2007, following changes in the relevant local legislation and a comprehensive accreditation, the University of Nicosia emerged. Through its five schools, the University offers a diverse range of academic programmes of study, at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels (Bachelor, Master and PhD degrees). Intercollege remains an associate institution, complementing the University’s study offerings through its vocational and shorter duration programmes, and through a variety of joint programmes in partnership with UK universities.
Accreditation: Ministry of Education and Culture, Evaluation Committee for Private Universities
- Business SchoolFields of study: Accountancy, Administration, Advertising and Publicity, Agricultural Business, Agricultural Management, Business Administration, Business and Commerce, Business Computing, E- Business/Commerce, Economics, Finance, Hotel and Restaurant, Hotel Management, Human Resources, Information Management, Institutional Administration, International Business, Leadership, Leisure Studies, Management, Management Systems, Marketing, Public Administration, Public Relations, Real Estate, Sports Management, Tourism
- Education SchoolFields of study: Dance, Distance Education, Education, Education of the Handicapped, Educational Administration, Educational and Student Counselling, Educational Research, Educational Sciences, Educational Technology, Educational Testing and Evaluation, English, Humanities and Social Science Education, Jazz and Popular Music, Literature, Mathematics Education, Music, Music Education, Music Theory and Composition, Pedagogy, Preschool Education, Primary Education, Special Education, Teacher Trainers Education, Teacher Training, Vocational Education, Writing
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Law SchoolFields of study: Architecture, Architecture and Planning, Arts and Humanities, Civil Law, Clinical Psychology, Communication Arts, Communication Studies, Comparative Politics, Criminology, English, European Studies, European Union Law, Fine Arts, Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, History of Law, International Law, International Relations, International Studies, Labour Law, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Marketing, Modern Languages, Multimedia, Political Sciences, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Law, Public Relations, Social and Community Services, Social Problems, Social Psychology, Social Sciences, Social Studies, Social Work, Speech Studies, Vocational Counselling
- Sciences and Engineering SchoolFields of study: Applied Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Biology, Civil Engineering, Computer Education, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Dietetics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Studies, Health Education, Limnology, Mathematics, Nursing, Orthopaedics, Petroleum and Gas Engineering, Pharmacy, Physical Education, Sports, Sports Management, Sports Medicine, Statistics
- Requirements: Undergraduate Admission: The general admission requirement for entry to an undergraduate programme of study is a High School Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification. Post-Graduate Admission:The minimum requirement for admission into a post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor’s Degree. The University of Nicosia welcomes transfer students from other accredited colleges and universities and accepts courses which are of the same quality and equivalency as courses offered on its campus.
- Students allowance: Co-ed