Founded 1707 as Czech State Engineering School, became Polytechnic 1803. Granted university status 1864. Closed 1939 during the German occupation, reopened 1945. A State institution. Acquired present status 1999.
- Advanced Studies InstituteFields of study: Business Administration
- Electrical Engineering FacultyFields of study: Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Artificial Intelligence, Automation and Control Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Equipment and Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Engineering Management, Mathematics and Computer Science, Power Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis, Technology, Telecommunications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering FacultyFields of study: Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering, Automation and Control Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Energy Engineering, Engineering, Engineering Drawing and Design, Engineering Management, Hydraulic Engineering, Machine Building, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Production Engineering
- Academic year: September to June (September-February, February-June)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (Maturitní vysvědčeni) and entrance examination
- Students allowance: Co-ed