Founded 1968. Acquired present status 1970. It is jointly owned by the governments of 12 member countries: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Samoa.
Accreditation: Fiji Higher Education Commission (FHEC)
- Science, Technology, and Environment FacultyFields of study: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Management, Environmental Studies, Food Science, Geography, Information Sciences, Information Technology, Marine Science and Oceanography, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Nutrition, Physics, Statistics
- The Pacific Eye Institute InstituteFields of study: Ophthalmology
- Academic year: February to November (February-June, July-November)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate and successful completion of the Foundation programme
- Students allowance: Co-ed