Founded 1890 as University of Tasmania in Hobart, amalgamated with Tasmanian State Institute of Technology in Launceston to form new University 1991.
- Law FacultyFields of study: Law
- Science, Engineering and Technology FacultyFields of study: Agriculture, Architecture, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Furniture Design, Geography, Geology, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Marine Science and Oceanography, Mathematics, Physics, Plant Pathology, Psychology, Science Education, Surveying and Mapping, Zoology
- Academic year: February to November (February-June, July-November)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate or recognized foreign equivalent, or previous tertiary studies in another tertiary institution
- Students allowance: Co-ed