Established by the Bordeaux Law Faculty in 1883 as a Centre of Law Studies in Antilles-Guyane. It was expanded to include a Literature and Science Unit in 1963 and by 1971, it had gained its independent status with the addition of the Basic and Natural Science Unit. In 1982, the Ministry of Education awarded its full title of University.
Accreditation: Ministry of Education
- Requirements: Baccalauréat or equivalent Secondary School Diploma
- Students allowance: Co-ed