Founded 1989 in co-operation with UNESCO, on the basis of Escuela Superior del Profesorado Francisco Morazán, an institution founded 1956. Financed by the central Government. Under the jurisdiction of the Consejo de Educación Superior and the Government.
- Educational Research and Innovation (CIIE) CentreFields of study: Educational Sciences
- Humanities (FAHU) FacultyFields of study: Educational Administration, Educational and Student Counselling, Educational Sciences, Foreign Languages Education, Humanities and Social Science Education, Literature, Modern Languages, Music, Native Language Education, Physical Education, Preschool Education, Social Sciences, Special Education, Sports, Theatre, Visual Arts
- Academic year: February to November (February-May, June-July, August-November)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (Título de Educación Secundaria de Bachillerato en Ciencias y Letras)
- Students allowance: Co-ed