Founded 1920 as Faculty of Economics of the Royal Hungarian University of Budapest. Became part of the Hungarian University of Economics 1948. Academic programme divided into three faculties 1952. Reorganized as Budapest University of Economic Sciences 1990. Became Budapest University of Economic Sciences and Public Administration (BUESPA) 2000. The former University of Horticulture and Food Industry (3 faculties of Szent István University) joined BUESPA 2003. Acquired present status and title 2004.
- Horticultural Science FacultyFields of study: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Ecology, Entomology, Environmental Studies, Farm Management, Floriculture, Fruit Production, Horticulture, Information Management, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Nursing, Physiology, Plant and Crop Protection, Soil Science, Vegetable Production, Viticulture, Water Management
- Social Sciences FacultyFields of study: Behavioural Sciences, Central European Studies, Communication Studies, Development Studies, Eastern European Studies, Economics, Educational Sciences, European Languages, European Studies, Foreign Languages Education, Government, History of Societies, International Relations, International Studies, Philosophy, Political Sciences, Psychology, Regional Studies, Social Policy, Sociology, Teacher Training
- Academic year: September to June (September-December, February-June)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (érettségi bizonyítvány)
- Students allowance: Co-ed