Founded 1919 as Medical Faculty of Azerbaijan State University. Reorganized 1930 as Azerbaijan Medical Institute, an independent institution. Named after Nariman Narimanov 1957, and acquired present status and title 1991.
Accreditation: Ministry of Education
- General Medicine I Faculty
- General Medicine II Faculty
- Military Medicine Faculty
- Academic year: September to May (September-January, February-May)
- Requirements: General or special secondary school certificate (Attestat) and Competitive entrance examination
- Students allowance: Co-ed