Founded 1961 as a branch of Sriwijaya University, acquired present status 1965.
Accreditation: National Accrediting Board (Badan akreditasi Nasional)
- Law FacultyFields of study: Law
- Medicine FacultyFields of study: Medicine
- Teacher Training and Educational Science FacultyFields of study: Arts and Humanities, Chemistry, Civics, Education, English, Foreign Languages Education, Geography, Health Education, History, Humanities and Social Science Education, Indonesian, Literature, Mathematics Education, Modern Languages, Natural Sciences, Physics, Primary Education, Science Education, Social Sciences, Sports, Teacher Training
- Academic year: August to July (August-December, February-July)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (Sekolah Lanjutan Tingkat Atas (SLTA)