Founded 1950 as Medical School of the University of Shiraz. Became an independent University in 1988.
- Cancer Research DivisionFields of study: Oncology
- Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry Research DivisionFields of study: Chemistry
- Medicine SchoolFields of study: Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Cardiology, Community Health, Dermatology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Immunology, Medicine, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Parasitology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Radiology, Rehabilitation and Therapy, Surgery, Virology
- Academic year: September to June (September-January, February-June)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate and entrance examination