Founded 1434 as Siciliae Studiorum Generale by Decree of King Alfonso of Aragon. Under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Public Instruction, but enjoys administrative autonomy.
- Engineering FacultyFields of study: Architecture, Automation and Control Engineering, Building Technologies, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Construction Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Energy Engineering, Engineering, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Rural Planning, Structural Architecture, Telecommunications Engineering
- Mathematics, Physics, and Natural Sciences FacultyFields of study: Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Astronomy and Space Science, Biological and Life Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Ecology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Studies, Geology, Geophysics, Heritage Preservation, Mathematics, Mathematics and Computer Science, Natural Resources, Natural Sciences, Physics, Restoration of Works of Art
- Academic year: October to July
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (maturità). Qualifications from appropriate technical or industrial schools also recognized for admission to Faculties of Economics, Commerce and Agriculture
- Students allowance: Co-ed