Founded 1224 as Studium Generale by Frederick II. Dissolved 1229 and re-established 1234. Transferred to Salerno 1252 but returned to Naples 1258. Acquired present title 1987.
- Engineering FacultyFields of study: Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Construction Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Engineering Management, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Telecommunications Engineering
- Medicine and Surgery FacultyFields of study: Anaesthesiology, Biotechnology, Cardiology, Dental Hygiene, Dermatology, Dietetics, Forensic Medicine and Dentistry, Gastroenterology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Hygiene, Laboratory Techniques, Medical Technology, Medicine, Neurological Therapy, Nursing, Nutrition, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthodontics, Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics, Physical Therapy, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Radiology, Rehabilitation and Therapy, Rheumatology, Speech Therapy and Audiology, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Toxicology, Urology, Virology
- Academic year: September to June (September-January, March-June)
- Requirements: Secondary school certificate (maturità)
- Students allowance: Co-ed