Founded 1928 as Iwate Medical College, acquired University status 1952. Faculty of Dentistry added 1965.
Accreditation: Japan University Accreditation Association (JUAA)
- Basic Medicine Course/ProgrammeFields of study: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biological and Life Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, Embryology and Reproduction Biology, Epidemiology, Forensic Medicine and Dentistry, Genetics, Hygiene, Immunology, Medicine, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Social and Preventive Medicine
- Biomedical Sciences InstituteFields of study: Biomedicine
- Dental Science Graduate SchoolFields of study: Dentistry
- Medicine SchoolFields of study: Anaesthesiology, Cardiology, Community Health, Dermatology, Diabetology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Gerontology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Haematology, Hepatology, Laboratory Techniques, Medicine, Nephrology, Neurological Therapy, Neurology, Nursing, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Plastic Surgery, Pneumology, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Radiology, Rheumatology, Social and Preventive Medicine, Surgery, Urology
- Academic year: April to March (April-September, November-March)
- Requirements: Graduation from high school or equivalent, and entrance examination