Founded 1956 as Royal Technical College of East Africa, became University College Nairobi 1963 and acquired present status and title 1970.
Accreditation: Commission for University Education
- Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences CollegeFields of study: Agricultural Economics, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Arid Land Studies, Environmental Studies, Farm Management, Food Science, Food Technology, Nutrition, Pathology, Peace and Disarmament, Pharmacology, Physiology, Plant and Crop Protection, Public Health, Soil Science, Technology, Toxicology, Veterinary Science
- Architecture and Engineering CollegeFields of study: Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering, Architecture, Bioengineering, Building Technologies, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Design, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Fine Arts, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Production Engineering, Real Estate, Regional Planning, Surveying and Mapping, Telecommunications Engineering, Town Planning
- Health Sciences CollegeFields of study: Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Dental Technology, Dentistry, Epidemiology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Medicine, Microbiology, Nursing, Ophthalmology, Oral Pathology, Orthodontics, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Pathology, Periodontics, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Physiology, Psychiatry and Mental Health, Public Health, Radiology, Rehabilitation and Therapy, Surgery, Tropical Medicine
- Humanities and Social Sciences CollegeFields of study: Accountancy, African Studies, Arabic, Archaeology, Arts and Humanities, Asian Studies, Business Administration, Commercial Law, Communication Studies, Demography and Population, Development Studies, Economics, Environmental Studies, Finance, French, Geography, Germanic Studies, History, Human Rights, Information Sciences, International Relations, International Studies, Journalism, Korean, Law, Library Science, Linguistics, Literature, Management, Peace and Disarmament, Philosophy, Political Sciences, Private Law, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Law, Religious Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Swahili, Translation and Interpretation, Women's Studies
Tuition fee per annum
Local currency: Kenyan Shilling
KES80,000.00 – KES450,000.00
Your currency: US Dollar
$729.00 – $4,099.00
- Academic year: October to July
- Requirements: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), prior to Higher School Certificate (HSC) of GCE Advanced (‘A’) level examinations.
- Students allowance: Co-ed